Sunday, June 3, 2012

Usher's Ex-Wife Tameka Raymond Speaks Out


Tameka Raymond photo credit: Runway Ink


Usher's ex-wife Tameka Raymond is speaking out about her failed marriage to the "Climax" singer. Oddly enough, she had some very good things to say about her ex. She also gave insight on why she thinks her marriage failed with Usher. As sources earlier reported the two have been involved in a long drawn out custody battle over their two kids. While Tameka is doing a great job staying in a positive place when speaking in regards to her ex, some of the shocking details that warranted the divorce exposed some pretty shocking details. 

According to Straight From the A,
"Tameka recently did an interview with TheGrio.com where she reveals a bit about her personal past and why all the rumors surrounding her relationship with Usher no longer phase her.
And no… she’s not male bashing. Surprisingly, even after the recent court revelations about Usher bedding one of Tameka’s bridesmaids, she only had good things to say about her ex!"

Tameka says that things began the change right after she became pregnant with Naviyd, their 2nd son:
“Well, if I had to point to one thing, one time, it would be after the birth of our second son, Naviyd,” Tameka said as she contemplated the demise of her relationship.
“Until that point, we were a very passionate, very loving couple, but then the pressure of the entertainment industry began to slowly creep in and poison our marriage. There comes a point when as a married man with throngs of adoring female fans, you still have to pretend you’re available, but he wasn’t available… and that began the problems.”

Tameka revealed  lots of info, that pretty much changed my opinion of her, like the fact that she was only 19 years old and three months pregnant when her oldest son's father died. Check out some other great points during the course of her interview below.
Prior to becoming “Mrs. Raymond,” Tameka had a life that many would consider drama-filled. At 19-years-old, she was 3-months pregnant when the father of her oldest son died.
“It was devastating,” she reflects. “I could have easily opted out; I’m sure there are many girls who choose to opt out every day, but abortion wasn’t an option for me. And I think that was a courageous move. I weathered the storm as a single mother for a very long time and I couldn’t be more proud of the man my son has turned out to be.”
“I’ve been a mother for a very, very long time and for anyone to think that I would put a relationship — especially a relationship they believed to be founded on superficial reasons — above my children is not something that I take lightly.”

At this point in her life, Tameka no longer gives the rumors priority nor does she allow them to steal her positive energy. Still, she finds it more than a little ridiculous that people seem to not believe in true love.
As for all the comments that she only married Usher for his money, Tameka is insulted and feels that it was LOVE and not the love of money that made her say “I do”…
“I had enough money of my own to last a lifetime and I think it’s an insult to my ex-husband to insinuate that I chased him for those reasons. What, because he’s affluent, he’s not lovable?,” Tameka asks incredulously.
“It’s not dissing me to say he’s unworthy. He was really attractive, funny, sweet and we were friends first. Even more hilarious, is that these people spreading the rumors don’t even know him, yet they ‘lovehim. I’ve known Usher over 10 years, why is it impossible to believe that I loved him? There are over 100 ‘Mrs. Raymonds’ following me on Twitter and they’re married to a poster. It’s just a backwards concept.”
That emotionally draining custody battle?  Well… Tameka reiterates that it is Usher who started the entire media spectacle. 

 “I did not start this. I did not file this. Usher did. I begged him to withdraw the petition, but he didn’t listen. The media jumped on my answer to his petition for custody as if I initiated it, and I did not. Why would I try to keep his children away from him? We have joint custody and I want to continue to have their father around to help out. Raising children is a lot of work.”
And while it’s apparent that the two aren’t necessarily “friends,” Tameka admits they definitely aren’t enemies.
My ex-husband and I are not enemies. We’re not. But people still find a way to make it more salacious than it has to be.
I don’t know how he deals with it, but I refuse to let the media manipulate what should be a personal situation and turn me into the villan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trending Now

Blog Archive