Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bobby Brown Speaks Out: I'm Not The Reason Whitney's Gone

Bobby Brown: photo credit: Long Island Press

Bobby Brown finally speaks out; revealing that he had no idea that Whitney Houston was still abusing drugs. According to Essence,
Bobby Brown Stated:







"I was hurt. I was hurt… because, you know, me being off of narcotics for the last seven years, I felt that she was, you know, I didn't know she was struggling with it still. But at the same time, you know, listen, it's a hard fight. It's a hard fight to, you know, maintain sobriety that way." Brown went on to say that he thinks drugs ultimately took Whitney's life on February 11. "One hit, you know… it could definitely take your life away from you. And, unfortunately, that was it."

The conversation turned a bit personal and Lauer reminded Brown how often people say he contributed to Houston's downfall. "It makes me feel terrible," said Brown who also left Houston's funeral before it got under way. "But you know, I know differently. I think if anyone ever knew us, if anybody ever spent time around us instead of time looking through the bubble, they would know how we felt about each other. They would know how happy we were together."

And for the drugs, Brown maintains he never introduced cocaine and other drugs to Houston. He claims she was doing them "way before" they met. "I didn't get high [on narcotics] before I met Whitney," said Brown. "I smoked weed, I drank beer, but no, I wasn't the one that got Whitney on drugs at all. It's just… it's just unexplainable how one could you know, [say that I] got her addicted to drugs. I'm not the reason she's gone."

Watch the entire interview Wednesday on Today, and on Thursday, tune in to see Matt Lauer talk with Brown's entire family including his fiance Alicia Etheridge."


I for one am glad, that Bobby has now had his chance to set the record straignt, as far as how he's feeling and dealing with this tragedy that is still plagues so many of us. The loss of Whitney was detrimental to the entire nation.  Regardless of all the negativity endures throughout the duration of their relationship, the looks reciprocating on both Bobby 
Brown and Whitney Houston's faces expressed geniune love and concern for each other. I thought that it was extremely tacky and heartless that Bobby would be asked to leave. Regardless of the fact that whitney's family were not big fans of Bobby, i think they should have at least, respected the fact that Whitney and Bobbi Kristina will always be apart of Bobby Brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Trending Now

Blog Archive